Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

185 Questions!

The school I've been subbing at finally called regarding the physics job I applied, interviewed, and practice taught. You know, the one where they were going to decide by May 1. The principal called and wanted to let me know that they'll probably make a decision next week, that he didn't want to be holding me back from anything (no problem there), and asked if I had gotten a job yet. I told him that I have had several interviews and one is very promising. According to my sources all of the other applicants for this job have very promising potential jobs, too.

As for my most recent interview, I did get the email from the principal. They must have sent it via e-pony express because it took 3 days to get to me. Following that email was one from the head of the science department saying how happy she is that I accepted the position, etc. So, I think I all but officially have the job. I haven't signed any paperwork yet so I won't say I have a job, but it looks really good.

Now what I have to do is pass the TExES math/physics test on June 10. I've been studying, but I still have a bit to go in my review. I'm not too worried about it; just a little. I haven't done this stuff in 6 years so it's a little rusty, but it's coming back to me. I really don't want to fail the test the first time I take it. I understand many people have to take these tests multiple times to pass, but I just think that would look bad.

I've been applying for summer jobs, too. I've applied to 3 retail places in the past 2 days. Each of them have used the same online application system which has a survey at the end asking questions about how you feel about things, what kind of worker you are, do you like people, etc. Not bad, except the first 2 places each had 185 questions in their survey. The same 185 questions. Ugh. The third place was a little better in that it only had 100 of the same 185 questions. I wish it was more like the teacher survey I took. I took it for one of the school districts I applied to, and when another asked me to take it the site knew I had already taken it and allowed me to send my scores to this new district. Easy. It's like they were using this crazy thing called technology to reduce the amount of work we have to do. That's what it's for, right?

Comments:
"...technology to reduce the amount of work we have to do. That's what it's for, right?"

Unless, of course, you work in IT where every new bit of technology gives you months of work. Am I right?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?