Monday, May 15, 2006

 

They Like Me, They Ditch Me

During a slow class a couple of students were asking me if I knew other subs at the school. I have met a couple, but don't know them. They told me that one was mean, and another looks like a chipmunk. So I asked them what they say about me in other classes. The student replied, not defensively so I'm inclined to believe him, that there are two subs they don't talk about. They don't talk about me because "you're cool," and they don't talk about another guy because "he's a joke of a sub." I must be doing something right since I'm not a joke of a sub and am still cool.


In other news, I discovered a student in my class ditched class today when she had a quiz to take. She came into the room as the starting bell rang and said she had been in the office during lunch and they requested that I give her a pass so she could go back to the office. I told her she had a quiz to take, and gave her the pass thinking (silly me) that she would finish her office business and come back to take the quiz. I never saw her again. After school I went to the office and asked about her. She finished there with about half the period left and then apparently ditched the rest of the day. I left this info in my note to the teacher. Hopefully her teacher gives her a zero for the quiz. I know I would.

While the office workers were looking through the sign-in sheets and passes to find when the girl had come and gone a teacher I'm friendly with came in. After pleasantries I mentioned what was going on since she was waiting for the office people to finish. She commented about how diligent I was. Diligent? I figured it was my responsibility to do this. Maybe other subs wouldn't bother.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?