Friday, June 16, 2006

 

Getting Closer

I got a call yesterday from the school district asking me to come to their next new teacher orientation on the 27th. I'll be doing a variety of things there, but the most important one is signing my contract. When I asked if I'd be signing the contract at the orientation I was told yes, but they considered our verbal agreement to be binding. I guess I've been hired for a while, then. This crazy world of education; I come from the world where nothing is final until it is in writing and signed.

Comments:
It does seem to be strange to have the verbal contract. That might be a private school thing, but nonetheless it still makes me nervous. I'd offer to stop by the school to say "hi how's your summer going" and sign the contract then.
Whenever you do sign your contract - make sure you bring your camera so we can all celebrate the signature that marks your new career!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?