Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

Job Description

Jimmy Fast asked what I'll be teaching, and I see I mentioned it about 10 posts ago, but wasn't very descriptive. (How's this for customer service)

I'll be teaching Pre-AP Physics, AP Physics B, and AP Physics C. AP Physics C is calculus based physics. Pre-AP will also be taught by a second teacher, and we'll be doing the same-class-different-teacher kind of thing. We'll give the same handouts, tests, and homework on the same schedule. The other teacher has taught it before so she'll be a big help getting me ready for the year. There was an AP Physics B class last year, and that teacher said she'll be getting me some of her stuff, but they haven't taught AP Physics C before. So not only will I be learning to teach, and learning to teach AP, but I'll be developing an AP course myself (with help, of course). It's a good thing I've done all this before, I just have to spray some WD-40 up my nose to get that part of my brain all nice and lubricated again. I hope I hit the right part the first time; I might not get a second chance.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?