Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

AP Conference - Dorm Living

Back in the dorm. Jeez, I don't remember it being this bad, and this room is better than any I stayed in during my Froggie time.

This room has a private bathroom,

The hot and cold on my shower are switched and should be labeled cool and cold. Apparently you need to run the water for 30 minutes for it to warm up. I don't get up that early. Oh, and the toilet only flushes if you pull the handle in a particular direction and hold it there for a bit.

it's own thermostat and AC controls,

It could be nice if it was quieter, and didn't try to freeze you out no matter what temperature you tell it. I just tell it "off."

and movable furniture.

Too bad I had to move the desk and bed just to find electrical and network outlets, and I sleep on a low wooden dresser-like thing with a small (really small) PLASTIC COVERED mattress on it.

There was a stack of sheets, blanket, and towels sitting in our room when we arrived. The towels are almost translucent (not kidding), and I had to make my own bed. I haven't had to do stuff like this since I got married (love you, honey). For sheets we get two FLAT sheets. For those husbands out there who have been married longer than I the flat sheet is not the one with the funky corners that won't fold right no matter how hard you try, but do keep it on the mattress. Here I am with a flat sheet laying on top of a PLASTIC mattress (which is so small it doesn't fill the space it is in) with another flat sheet on top of that, and a thin blanket on top of that. The thing about sheets laying freely on PLASTIC mattresses is that there is a low coefficient of friction (I had to throw in some physics) which means the sheet doesn't stay on the mattress very well.

While I sleep ok curled up in a ball on the part of the sheet that is still on the mattress with the other sheet and blanket tucked under my feet so I won't feel like I've been short sheeted, others have complained about getting little sleep.

Oh, and there's no trash can in the room.

When did I become so picky?

Comments:
Just remember this when complain to me about you taking out the trash... you could have no trash can!

Love you too, honey.
 
Dave

You've gotta take a picture of your room, because I'm sure it's already foot deep with clothing!

Does this dorm experience make you wonder what ever happened to your first roommate - Roy Snodgrass?
 
You're the one who wanted to go into education... us corporate schlubs sleep in nice disease filled hotel rooms.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?