Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

First Day Mini Report

I know you all are waiting for this so I'll put up a quick first day report.

Everything went well. The day was a bit chaotic since we're cramming 8 periods plus some extra stuff into it. Much of the day was spent passing out paperwork or going over paperwork with the students. My classes weren't bad. They were a bit chatty, but it's the first day and they're all Juniors or Seniors.

Early on I found I was finishing all my stuff early so I would just go through the roll again and try to remember some of the names. I didn't do so well at that. Oh well, I'll have plenty of opportunities to practice. After lunch I started asking for an interesting tidbit about them when I went through the roll the second time. That killed a lot of time. On a day with nothing physics to do I was happy just keeping them busy and paying attention to me so they weren't chatting with friends.

I really felt like I was subbing again. Handing out papers, going over papers, following instructions provided to me, and keeping the kids busy is exactly like subbing. Tomorrow should be a much different day.

That's it for now. I'm working on an AP lesson for tomorrow, and I'd like to sleep some too.

Comments:
Congratulations on your first day!

My first day of my 9th year is on Monday. Geez
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?