Thursday, August 31, 2006

 

Grading Papers

Grading lab reports.  It's enough to make me wonder what rattles around in my students heads sometimes.  Next I have to grade tests.  I cringe to think what those hold in store.  The other teacher and I have already been talking about adding "because it was hard" points to the test and lab.

There's a student in one of my classes who is smart, he understands the material, but he doesn't follow directions.  I hate giving him C's when he gets the right answers and knows what he's doing, but he doesn't show his work.  I've told them time and time again to show their work, and most are finally getting it, but he hasn't been.  Hopefully he did better on the test.

I hear from another physics teacher that some of the students in my AP Physics B class are completely lost.  I know things have been going quickly, and it's a hard topic, but I didn't think they were lost.  It's probably because they don't ask questions, and aren't used to having to read the book.  I haven't had a single AP student come by my room outside of class asking for help.  I'll have to emphasize that they should.

I have a couple of good stories.  Hopefully I'll have time to post them this weekend.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?