Wednesday, November 29, 2006

 

Long Hours

I kept track of how many hours I was working during the week before Thanksgiving. I don't think I have ever worked so many hours in a week! I worked nearly 70 hours that week! Monday through Thursday I was working 14-15 hours per day.

Either despite this, or because of this, I am starting to get more jealous of my time. I've heard other teachers talking about telling students they can only come by on certain days for help. I always thought that seemed a bit harsh, but I'm starting to find it easier to do. You know what? I've found the students don't usually care too much when I tell them they need to come on a certain day.

So far I haven't been able to see any benefits from this change because I have to turn in my final exams by Friday for approval. I realized this on Monday. I asked my mentor teacher for advise on writing a final. Her first tidbit: "If you haven't started writing them, you're screwed." No big deal; I'm used to getting things done at the last minute. Well, I finished my first final and review sheet today. I have to finish the other one tomorrow. I should make it. It won't be perfect, but nothing has been thus far.

Comments:
If they wanted perfection, they wouldn't have people writing them. Exams can be corrected after they are turned in or on the fly - whatever.
 
too bad you're working in Houston.

Kansas City just had 2 snow days on Thurs and Fri. You should work up here for the snow days.. tee hee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?