Saturday, February 24, 2007

 

MySpace

I've heard a lot about this MySpace thing. The students all have one, and I heard some teachers talking about it, so I figured I'd go check it out.

I've been to MySpace before. I checked it out when it was new, and not yet the cool thing to do. Looking at it then I thought it was on par with Geocities of the late '90's; lots of people making "Look at me, I'm on the internet!" pages. Since it's so popular now, I thought it must have changed.

Nope.

MySpace is a vast wasteland on the internet. There are a few highlights (Weird Al's site being one example), but those are heavily customized by professionals and far from the typical MySpace fare. What is common are vanity sites that all look the same. I've heard that kids see their MySpace page as a place where they can express themselves. If that's true, then they either don't have anything to express or are too lazy to express it.

Enough about MySpace. It doesn't matter. MySpace is sooo 5 minutes ago. Facebook is where all the cool kids are hanging out now.

Comments:
I respect the fact that you have an opinion to a certain site. Yes, it is true us teens love to express ourselves and we love to flaunt what we have to the world on the internet. I myself love the internet in general, no matter what site I am on. To me, it's all about the closests friends and family. And no doubt the 'in crowds' and the 'cool group' is what teens are into right now, not all of them are. including me...

~Alyssa; Michigan, USA; 14 yrs. old
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?