Tuesday, March 27, 2007

 

300 High

I've seen 300, and it was a great movie. As you can imagine, high school guys love it. Actually, the girls liked it too. As one put it, "How could you not like it? Abs everywhere!"

So my school's mascot is the Spartans. You can imagine the guys are enjoying that association. From time to time in the halls you'll hear, "This is Sparta!" I've heard of a couple of teams in the school with plans to use lines from the movies as their "war cry." Some football players in one of my classes decided that "Spartans! Prepare for glory!" would be a wonderful thing to yell before a game.

They didn't think it was such a good idea when I pointed out that when the Spartans referred to glory, they were referring to death in battle.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?