Thursday, March 08, 2007

 

Lame Excuse

I was giving a test first thing this morning to my AP Physics B class. One of my better students arrived near the end of class. She had a note from the office saying her absence was excused because she was ill. My student told me that she had gone to a concert last night, and when she woke up this morning she had a headache and her ears were still ringing. I'm guessing that's not the story the office heard, but I can't do anything about it because they said her absence is excused.

When she comes in to make up the test tomorrow I think I'll tell her how pathetic her excuse was, and that she'd better get used to the ringing in her ears because some day it won't go away. Ahh, tinnitus, my ever-present companion.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?