Friday, April 20, 2007

 

Pulled Over

A female student of mine arrived at school late, arriving during my class. The tardy slip said she had been pulled over. At the end of class I asked her what happened...

Girl: I got a ticket for running a stop sign!
Me: Well, did you run it?
Girl: I was driving through a neighborhood on the way to school and I got pulled over by a constable!
Me: You say that with such derision.
Girl: Yes! It was a woman cop!
Me: Ah, you can't get out of that one.
Girl: Exactly! My Dad is going to kill me!
Me: A stop sign ticket isn't so bad. Speeding is worse. Others are worse than that.
Girl's Friend: Yeah, like the time you were speeding in a school zone.
Me: Yeah, that's a bad one.
Girl: I was in an unfamiliar neighborhood. I didn't know there was a school zone!
Me: You'd think they'd put up signs or something.
Girl: I know! ... Hey!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?