Tuesday, April 10, 2007

 

A Marketing Failure

Have you ever wondered why large companies like Coke or AT&T produce advertisements for their brand, not even hyping a specific product? I have. After all, everyone has heard of Coke and Nike so why advertise their existence. Well, now I know.

At lunch, our department was talking about difficulties we have had in getting references from past employers when getting a new job. Part of the conversation went like this.

Teacher A: I had trouble getting references from my most recent job because the offices moved right after I left. It was tough because you can't exactly go to the website for GE and get a phone number to call.
Teacher B: What does GE stand for?

Teacher A: Uhhh, General Electric.
(general chuckling)
Teacher B: Oh, I didn't know you worked for an electric company.
(general laughter)
Teacher A: It's GE. (pause for recognition, none comes) They make… everything. Light bulbs, appliances, (still no recognition), aircraft engines…. I worked in the division that makes medical imaging equipment. (still nothing) They make everything.
Teacher C: They bring good things to life!


Comments:
Yeah, same thing happened to me. Rob's Taco Wagon kept moving around too... and Rob never answers his cell phone. So those boys down at NASA never did hire me. Stupid Rob... but I can't stay mad at him for long, he does make the best chimichongas... is that how you spell that?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?